Free Women’s Self Defense Workshop. No Pre-registration Required!! Open to females ages 15-150.
Real self-defense techniques and tips for women instructed by women! This FREE workshop will cover safety tips and you will be introduced to one of the most proven and effective martial arts for self-defense, jiu-jitsu!
No uniform required! Wear comfortable clothing. Bring a friend and get ready to learn! AFS Academy/ 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Richmond Sunday, September 9, 2018 from 5-7pm at 427 Big Hill Avenue Richmond, KY 40475.
About the instructors:
Gina Begley is a 10th Planet jiu-jitsu brown belt, a professional mixed martial arts fighter, boxer, and jiu-jitsu competitor.
• Bachelor’s Degree (4 yr.) in Health Science: Physical Education/ Fitness & Wellness Management from Eastern Kentucky University. I chose to pursue an extensive education in physical fitness, not a simple weekend course or online quiz that “certified” me to give you advice about your well being. I feel passionate about helping individuals achieve their fitness goals and felt gaining as much in-depth knowledge about fitness was the best way to help others improve.
• Certified DDP Yoga Level 1 Instructor. DDPYoga was developed by Diamond Dallas Page a former professional wrestler. He developed this fun Yoga workout that incorporates dynamic resistance to safely improve your flexibility, cardio, and strength. Check out my WHY DDPYoga section for more details!
• Purple Belt in 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu/Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
• Certified Muay Thai Instructor Kickboxing instructor. Thai Boxing Association Black Prajiet (Black Belt)
• Professional MMA Fighter for Invicta FC the all Female promotion featured on UFC Fightpass!
• Experienced Muay Thai Fighter: WMA 2010 Tournament Champion
• Experienced Competitive Jiu Jitsu fighter with many gold medals.
• LaFontaine Preparatory school has incorporated instructors from the AFS Academy as part of an aftercare program as part of their initiative to offer a unique learning experience. For the last four years, I have been the instructor for the program. A few evenings a week I work with preschool and school-aged children teaching them the values of discipline, respect, and bully-proofing through Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
First Aid and CPR Certified. Your safety is very important to me!!