The attachments contains action and victory lane photographs from the Saturday Night Showdown at Richmond (KY) Raceway on Saturday August 29, 2015. All photographs courtesy of Jimmy Pittman at Half Fast Photos.
#35 Todd Coffman of Parksville, KY and his crew after winning the Pro Late Model feature at Richmond (KY) Raceway on Saturday August 29.
(Click read more for more photos)
#00 Greg Hensley of Jackson, KY won the Four Cylinder feature event at the Saturday Night Showdown at Richmond (KY) Raceway on Saturday August 29.
#11 Tommy Bailey of Corbin, KY won the Super Late Model feature event at Richmond (KY) Raceway on Saturday August 29.
#42a Jamey Adams of Laurelville, OH and crew after winning the American Dirt Allstars sanctioned KDRA Super Stock Saturday Night Showdown at Richmond (KY) Raceway on Saturday August 29.
#0 Cole Bland of Campbellsville, KY won his third straight Mini-Cup/Cyclone feature event at Richmond (KY) Raceway on Saturday August 29.
#17J Jeff Watson of Campbellsville, KY and daughter after he won the Modified feature at Richmond (KY) Raceway on Saturday August 29.
Colonel Classic for Southern Nationals Bonus Series at Richmond Raceway September 5
-Event is Race Three of the 2015 Revelution Race Cars Iron Man Speedweek-
Richmond, KY- August 30, 2015- Richmond Raceway co-promoters Larry, Chad, and Sarah Yantz will present the inaugural Colonel Classic at the 3/10 mile red clay oval known as “The Beast of the East” on Saturday September 5 as the track will host the third event of the four race Revelution Race Cars 2015 Iron Man Speedweek presented by Arizona Sport Shirts.
The Super Late Model portion of the event will be sanctioned by the Southern Nationals Bonus Series presented by Collins Signs and the Modified portion of the program will be part of the 2015 Iron Man Modified Speedweek presented by American Racer South. The Super Late Models will race for $3,000 to win and Modifieds will race for $1,000 to win. Driver registration will close promptly at 5:45 p.m. to get everything set for the drivers meeting at 6:00 p.m., with practice laps set to begin immediately following the drivers meeting around 6:30 p.m. The track encourages drivers to show up early to help in getting the show started in a prompt and timely manner.
Richmond Raceway will present the inaugural Colonel Classic on Saturday September 5 as the Southern Nationals Bonus Series presented by Collins Signs will sanction the Super Late Model portion of the event that will feature a full schedule of practice, time trials, heats, B-Mains, and the 30 lap, $3,000 to win Colonel Classic A-Main. The Modified portion of the program will be part of the Iron Man Modified Speedweek presented by American Racer South and will pay $1,000 to win. Joining these two divisions at the Colonel Classic will be the KDRA Super Stocks racing for $500 to win, Four Cylinders racing for $300 to win, and Warlock Race Cars Mini-Cup/Cyclones racing for $100 to win. For the Colonel Classic, the practice/time trials combo format will be used to determine heat race starting positions for all division except Super Late Models, which will time trial two laps, two cars at a time. RACEceivers are mandatory in all divisions and must be used by the driver each time he/she is on the racing surface in their race car and transponder scoring is also used by the track. It is pertinent that all drivers be at the track and signed in by 5:45 p.m.
Richmond Raceway’s Colonel Classic A-Main Payouts on Saturday September 5:
-Super Late Models (30 laps): 1st- $3,000, 2nd- $1,500, 3rd- $1,000, 4th- $900, 5th- $800, 6th- $700, 7th- $600, 8th- $500, 9th- $450, 10th- $400, 11th- $350, 12th- $300, 13th- $300, 14th- $300, 15th- $300, 16th- $300, 17th- $300, 18th- $300, 19th- $300, 20th- $300, 21st- $300, 22nd- $300.
-Modifieds (20 laps): 1st- $1,000, 2nd- $450, 3rd- $325, 4th- $250, 5th- $200, 6th- $175, 7th- $150, 8th- $125, 9th- $115, 10th- $100, 11th- $100, 12th- $100, 13th- $100, 14th- $100, 15th- $100, 16th- $100, 17th- $100, 18th- $100.
-KDRA Super Stocks (15 laps): 1st- $500, 2nd- $250, 3rd- $150, 4th- $125, 5th- $100, 6th- $90, 7th- $80, 8th- $70, 9th- $60, 10th- $55, 11th- $50, 12th- $50, 13th- $50, 14th- $50, 15th- $50, 16th- $50, 17th- $50, 18th- $50.
-Four Cylinders (12 laps): 1st- $300, 2nd- $150, 3rd- $100, 4th- $90, 5th- $80, 6th- $70, 7th- $65, 8th- $60, 9th- $55, 10th- $50, 11th- $45, 12th- $45, 13th- $45, 14th- $45, 15th- $45, 16th- $45, 17th- $45, 18th- $45.
-Mini-Cup/Cyclones (10 laps): 1st- $100, 2nd- $75, 3rd- $65, 4th- $55, 5th- $50, 6th- $45, 7th- $40, 8th- $40, 9th- $40, 10th- $40, 11th- $40, 12th- $40, 13th- $40, 14th- $40, 15th- $40, 16th- $40, 17th- $40, 18th- $40.
For Super Late Models, the tire rule will be as follows: Hoosier- 1350 or 1600 rear only, open compound on front; American Racer- 48 or 56 rear only, open compound on the front. The race will start 22 cars and all entries that do not transfer, but run in their assigned B-Main, will receive $50 tow money. The series entry fee will be $70, plus there will be a $10 transponder rental fee. All other rules and regulations will follow the 2015 Southern Nationals Bonus Series rules and procedures. Also, there will be a $100 bonus to the highest finishing CT525 or 604 crate powered entry in the A-Main, along with a $100 bonus to the highest finishing all Steel/Spec engine powered entry in the A-Main only.
For Modifieds, the tire rule will be as follows: Hoosier A and H compounds on all four corners or American Racer Hard and Extra Hard on all four corners (with grooving of front tires allowed and siping of all tires allowed). Body rules will be 2015 UMP DirtCar Modified rules, with a 2,400 lb. minimum weight. Eighteen drivers will start the Modified A-Main The series entry fee will be $10, plus a $10 transponder rental fee.
Activities for the Colonel Classic at Richmond Raceway on Saturday September 5 will see the pit area open at 3:00 p.m., with the general admission area open at 4:30 p.m. Driver’s registration will close promptly at 5:45 p.m. The drivers meeting will be at 6:00 p.m, with practice/time trial combo laps set to begin around 6:30 p.m., and the green flag for the first race will wave at 7:30 p.m. Ticket prices for the Colonel Classic on Saturday September 5 in the general admission area will be $20 for adults, with children ages 12 and under FREE. For the pit area, adult prices will be $35, with children ages 6 to 12 costing $15, and children ages five and under FREE. If a driver races in more than one division, that driver has to buy a second pit pass. Also, any driver under the age of 18 will have to have a notorized release signed by both parents before that driver is eligible to compete at Richmond Raceway, due to insurance regulations.
Richmond Raceway is located at 328 Greens Crossing Road, just a short drive from the city limits of Richmond, KY. Larry, Chad, and Sarah Yantz are the track promoters and will present dirt track racing on Saturday evenings. For more information about Richmond Raceway, contact track co-promoter Larry Yantz at (606) 510-5331 or track co-promoter Chad Yantz at (606) 510-4836 or by social media on the world wide web at www.richmond-raceway.net or via Facebook at www.facebook.com/groups/308149696058239/ or facebook.com/richraceky of via Twitter @MichaelDespain or @RichmondRaceway. The phone number at the track for information concerning race events and raceday information is (859) 624-5640.
Richmond Raceway Current Top Ten Track Point Standings after August 29, 2015
Barry Turner of Century 21 Advantage Realty Super Late Models
1. Jason Barrett (Waco, KY)- 608
2. Aaron Hatton (Mount Sterling, KY)- 538
3. Johnny Wheeler (Campbellsville, KY)- 526
4. Victor Lee (Danville, KY)- 503
5. Tommy Bailey (Corbin, KY)- 477
6. Michael Chilton (Salvisa, KY)- 424
7. Derek Fisher (Olympia, KY)- 401
8. Chris Ruble (Waco, KY)- 400
9. Dennis Barton (Corbin, KY)- 383
10. Steve Stollings (Hazard, KY)- 243
REVELution Race Cars Pro Late Models
1. Chris Johnson (Winchester, KY)- 627
2. Todd Coffman (Parksville, KY)- 625
3. Chad Spradlin (Whitley City, KY)- 505
4. Wesley Ball (Whitley City, KY)- 440
5. David Freeman (Lexington, KY)- 392
6. Zane Powell (Junction City, KY)- 294
7. Chris Fair (Liberty, KY)- 279
8. Elliott Despain (Buffalo, KY)- 268
9. Jake Henry (Junction City, KY)- 261
10. Clayton Spradlin (Bethel Ridge, KY)- 259
1. Jeff Watson (Campbellsville, KY)- 730
2. Jimmy Robinson (Richmond, KY)- 653
3. Jimmy Crabtree (Irvine, KY)- 559
4. Russ Gabbert (Berea, KY)- 535
5. Dennis Roberson (Paris, KY)- 510
6. Wade Rookard (East Bernstadt, KY)- 494
7. Jared Reams (Mount Vernon, KY)- 472
8. Stevie Tipton (Irvine, KY)- 446
9. Blake Brown (Corbin, KY)- 445
10. Delane Browning (East Bernstadt, KY)- 411
KDRA Super Stocks
1. Glen Hounshell, Jr. (Mount Vernon, KY)- 640
2. Logan Preston (Berea, KY)- 546
3. Jeremy Howard (Berea, KY)- 536
4. Darrell Cain (Richmond, KY)- 498
5. Allen Hackworth, Jr. (Waco, KY)- 463
6. Bill Robinson (Waco, KY)- 437
7. Eddie Stewart (Manchester, KY)- 434
8. Johnny King (Lancaster, KY)- 402
9. Rudi Strebeck (Berea, KY)- 365
10. Jeremie Bretz (Maysville, KY)- 356
1. Stacy Harrison (Keavy, KY)- 573
2. Dave McCarty (Owingsville, KY)- 534
3. Jamison Gipson (Lancaster, KY)- 447
4. Keith Gipson (Keene, KY)- 373
5. Dylan Stevens (Morehead, KY)- 319
6. Brian Ferguson (Ezel, KY)- 298
7. Ronnie Romines (Gray, KY)- 289
Bill Taulbee (Irvine, KY)- 289
9. Dalton Cox (Versailles, KY)- 275
10. Freddy Breeden (Somerset, KY)- 262
Warlock Race Cars Mini-Cup/Cyclones
1. Scott Crusenberry (Williamsburg, KY)- 471
2. Jason Bell (London, KY)- 464
3. Josh Dickerson (Richmond, KY)- 352
4. Cole Bland (Campbellsville, KY)- 219
5. Shalie Bell (London, KY)- 64
6. Tim Crusenberry (Williamsburg, KY)- 63
7. Tyler Smith (Bimble, KY)- 10