Does your child or grandchild have talent? Encourage them to enter Madison’s Got Talent. Entries are now being accepted for the first Madison’s Got Talent show Friday, May 16, 6:30 p.m. at Madison Central High School. Students in grades 4-12 from across Madison County will showcase their amazing talents in four categories; vocal, instrumental, dance, and variety. Admission is $5.00 for adults and $1.00 for students. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m.
Each student entry will receive a participation ribbon and winners will be selected for Small Group and Large Group entries. An over-all winner will also be awarded. Individual schools may enter 3 small groups (1-8 members) or 2 small groups and one large group (over 9 members). Interested students should contact their school music teacher or the Richmond Area Arts Council for entry forms or more information. Please submit entry forms no later than May 1, 2014 to [email protected] or mail to Richmond Area Arts Council, P. O. Box 515, Richmond, KY 40475.
The Masters of Ceremony for Madison’s Got Talent will be Miss Kentucky 2013, Miss Jenna Day and Miss Kentucky Outstanding Teen 2013, Laura Hancock. In addition to serving as Masters of Ceremony both Jenna and Laura will perform their respective talent during the final judging of the Madison’s Got Talent event.
Jenna Day is a senior at the University of Kentucky where she is majoring in Vocal Performance and Political Science with hopes of eventually pursuing a career in public service. She sang “And This Is My Beloved” from Kismet for her talent performance at the pageant for which she received a preliminary talent award.
Laura Hancock is a classical pianist and vocalist who took home a preliminary talent award at the pageant for her performance of Chopin’s “Fantaisie-Impromptu”.
Entry forms are available below or from music teachers in each of school or from the Richmond Area Arts Center. Entry forms are due by May 1, 2014 to [email protected] or RAAC’s mailing address P.O. Box 515, Richmond, KY 40475. For more information or call 624-4242 or email [email protected].
Rules for “Madison’s Got Talent”
1. All participating students must be Madison County residents.
They may be enrolled in a school or be homeschooled.
2. Each school or homeschool organization may be represented by three (3) small groups or (2) small groups and (1) large group. Small groups consist of 1-8 members; large groups consist of 9+ members.
3. Categories: Vocal, Instrumental, Dance, Variety.
4. Vocal acts may not include singing along with a main vocal track. They may use a CD with background singers, piano accompaniment or sing acapella.
Instrumental acts may be accompanied by a piano or other instrument, but the student participant(s) must be the lead performer(s).
Variety Acts include everything else not listed above. This is the proper category for lip-sync acts. Other variety acts might include gymnastics (must bring your own mats), karate, juggling, comedy, and magic.
5. All acts must be appropriate for an audience of all ages.
Good sportsmanship is expected by all.
6. Time Limits: Small groups – 3.5 minutes
Large groups – 6 minutes
7. Judging – All contestants and parents are reminded that the decision of the judges will be final. There will be no discussions allowed. Following this event, Score Sheets will be mailed or emailed to the contact person listed on the entry form.
8. All Students will be given Participation Ribbons.
Small Groups: 1st Place Award in each act category.
Large Groups: One 1st Place Award (All act categories combined).
An Overall Winner will also be awarded.