Earlier this afternoon, House Speaker Greg Stumbo appointed the five members who will serve on the investigative committee that he called for in yesterday’s Petition for Censure or Expulsion of Rep. John Arnold.
The five are:
* Rep. Arnold Simpson, D-Covington
* Rep. Rita Smart, D-Richmond
* Rep. Jeff Donohue, D-Louisville
* Rep. Julie Adams, R-Louisville
* Rep. Robert Benvenuti, R-Lexington
This committee will now carry out its work under KRS 6:100 and other legal authority, and will make a final report to the House of Representatives during the 2014 Regular Session, which begins in January.